The quickest way to reach Kent by ferry or hovercraft from the
Continent is via Dover.
Dover is the UK's closest geographical point to
Continental Europe. The Port of
Dover can easily be reached by bus, train or automobile.
Dover Ferry Terminal
The following companies offer service to and from Dover:
Calais to Dover
- P and O Ferries offer ferry service from Calais to Dover every 45
minutes with a crossing time of about one and a half hours. There are
around 35 sailings per day.
- Sea France provide a 1 hour 30 minute service on the Calais to Dover
route and also have many daily sailings each day.
- Hover Speed provide a service from Calais to Dover on traditional
car/passenger ferry service and on catamarans with a crossing time of
just 45 minutes.
Dunkirk to Dover
- The Norfolk Line offers service from Dunkirk to Dover that takes two
hours. The service features three luxurious and modern ships.
Boulogne to Dover
- Speed Ferries provide ferry service on this route.